2HEX Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Manufacturer
And 2HEX Longboard Heat Transfer Machine Manufacturer
The Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Configurator
The 2HEX 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine was originally constructed for our in-house skateboard deck mass-production in China. With an increasing demand for not just our skateboard decks but also our skateboard heat transfer machines, we built this skateboard heat transfer machine configurator for you to set up the machine the way you need it for your skateboard production business.
The size of the skateboard heat transfer machine is 87 x 77 x 182 cm, and it weighs 350 KG. The 2HEX 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine must be operated by two workers. Experienced production workers can print on 100 decks per hour using the 2HEX 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine.
Watch this video on how to print your first skateboard deck with 2HEX’s skateboard and longboard heat transfer machine:
How to use 2HEX skateboard and longboard heat transfer machines
- The machine must be operated by two people at all times, from the point of connecting it to electricity to the point the machine being cold and disconnected. Long hair must be safely tied back and covered by a hair net. No loose clothes or accessories may be worn that could get caught in the rotary, chain, axis or any other moving part of the machine.
- Turn on the machine. The switch is on the main control box (top left). The upper roller starts spinning. (The pre-set speed is perfect. If you need to change the speed you can do so using the rotary switch on the small grey control box)
- Switch on the heat and set it to 220’C on the main control box. After three minutes the heating elements will start glowing.
- Turn on the hydraulic pressure on the main control box.
- Let the machine run by itself for 30 minutes to have a stable heat and pressure.
- Place a heat transfer (white side down) on a skateboard deck. Place the center of the skateboard deck on the bottom roller with the heat transfer facing the upper roller. You hold the heat transfer in place from your side, your co-worker from the other side. Make sure that your or your co-worker’s hands are at no point of time between the two rollers.
- Press the down button (in front of the roller) to start the high-pressure transfer printing process. If the heat transfer must be flattened during the transfer printing process, make sure that your hands or the hands of your co-worker do never get close to (or between) the transfer rollers.
- Your co-worker receives the decks, turns it around and transfer prints the second half of the deck.
- The whole surface of the heat transfer should be pressed on the deck two to three times. Then you can pull of the heat transfer foil and smoothen the print edges with scissors, a knife or a razor blade.
The best skateboard heat transfer machine pre-setting to run your own production is:
• Roller Temperature: 200 ‘C
• Roller Speed: 35
• Roller Pressure: For both rollers to have a 1.5 cm wide contact patch.
Watch this video on how to connect 2HEX’s skateboard heat transfer machine:
How to connect the 2HEX Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine
After receiving the 2HEX 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine, the oil canister must be filled with 26liters of hydraulic oil 68# or 46#. These can be purchased online or in most construction shops.
After filling the oil, the machine must be connected to the electric grid by an electrician. Before buying the machine, make sure that the voltage and phases you select fit to your local electric grid. We highly suggest the 3-phase option for both a stronger skateboard heat transfer machine and a lower price.
Open the bottom of the machine, to see if the motor over the oil box turns clockwise. If it turns counter clockwise, + and - have been connected wrong and must be re-wired to make sure the current goes the correct direction.
Make sure to place the skateboard heat transfer machine in a small container to collect oil drops and prevent oil from touching the floor or contaminating the ground. A fitting container can be added in the heat transfer configurator.
Watch this video on how we made 2HEX’s skateboard heat transfer machines one of the safest in the world:
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Safety
Manufacturing machines always come with risks to the workers. Safety is the highest priority at 2HEX, when we develop our machines. We have therefor developed the safest skateboard heat transfer machine on the market. However, not all companies are willing to pay the additional costs for the safety measurements. Therefor all safety add-ons can be added or deducted using the skateboard heat transfer machine configurator.
1. First risk: Getting the hands caught between the transfer rollers.
One of the most common injuries of new skateboard production workers is getting their hands caught between the skateboard heat transfer machine’s upper and lower rollers when trying to correct a heat transfer after pressing the ‘down’-button. The upper roller has a temperature of over 220’C and presses down with a strength that can seriously injure the skin and leave lifelong scars if the worker’s hands are not immediately released. To prevent this injury, we developed a big red safety bar which is added at the height of a worker’s waist and is added to both sides of the machine. If a worker’s hands get caught in between the rollers and the worker can therefore not press the up button, the worker can now use his/her waist to press the safety bar which lifts the upper roller and frees the worker’s hands.
2. Second risk: Fire from roller rotation stopping.
A heat transfer machine uses heating elements to heat the upper roller. The heating elements have to put out a lot of heat in a very short time for the rotating roller to collect enough heat to transfer the heat transfer prints onto decks. The balance between the heat and rotation have to be optimal, in order for the silicone roller to be hot enough to transfer print but not burn. If the motor gets jammed or the production facility experiences a power shortage the balance is broken. The upper roller stops spinning at once, but the heating elements stay hot for another 30 minutes. This can lead to the upper roller catching fire and the machine burning. To prevent the machine from burning we added an adaptor to the outside of the machine, which enables workers to use a standard wrench to manually turn the upper roller until either the power returns or the machine has cooled down.
3. Third risk: Getting entangled in the roller, motor, rotary or chain.
The upper roller of the 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine may never stop spinning in order to prevent the machine from catching fire as described in the second risk mentioned above. This creates the risk of the machine not being stoppable, even if a worker gets his/her hair, necklaces, clothes or other accessories got in the rotary, chain, axis or any other rotating parts. This can result in serious injuries or death. The market of machine manufacturers has been undecided on how to solve this issue. Therefor half of all machines can be turned off risking a fire, and the other half cannot be turned off risking the workers to get injured. We believe, that the workers themselves can best calculate the risk for both options. We have therefor developed an emergency button that shuts off the heating and while held down block the roller’s rotation. This lets the workers stop the roller from rotating for as long as necessary to release any worker caught in the machine, but not any longer to strongly reduce the risk of fire.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Production Lead Time
The current production lead time of both the
• 2HEX 11SBHTP-21 skateboard heat transfer machine
• 2HEX 24SBHTP-21 longboard heat transfer machine is 2 to 3 months.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Air and Ocean Freight
The freight cost of the skateboard and longboard heat transfer machines are automatically calculated on the summary page after completing the machine configuration process.
• Ocean freight door to door takes 6 weeks.
• Airfreight door to door takes 10 days.
Cruiser, Longboard and Skateboard Heat Transfers
The perfect heat transfers for 2HEX decks and 2HEX Skateboard or Longboard Heat Transfer Machines can be ordered on https://www.2hex.com/transfers-configuratorOn this page you can select the size of the transfers, the number of colors and specials like matte prints.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Replacement Parts
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Rollers and Heating Elements (Heating Bulbs) must be replaced in regular time frames. We suggest professional manufacturers to have at least ten backup heating elements and two backup rollers on stock at all times. To small companies we suggest half of this. Both the rollers and heating elements can be ordered on the 2HEX.com skateboard heat transfer machine configurator. We do not offer other spare machine components. The machine is made by standard components which are sourced and purchased locally by our customers.
Watch this video on how to replace the roller of a 2HEX skateboard heat transfer machine:
How to replace the roller of a 2HEX skateboard heat transfer machine
To replace the upper roller of a skateboard heat transfer machine, closely follow the instructions in the video above.
Watch this video on how to replace the heating elements of a 2HEX skateboard heat transfer machine:
How to replace the heating elements of a 2HEX skateboard heat transfer machine
To replace the heating elements of a skateboard heat transfer machine, closely follow the instructions in the video above.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Warranty
The machine warranty is valid for one year after the machine’s delivery.The machine warranty covers the machine as a whole and all components thereof, except for parts replaced, added or impacted by a change to the machine conducted by the customer. The machine warranty does not cover damages occurred through the wrongful electric connection to the electric power grid, or incorrect use of the machine. The machine warranty does not cover the rollers or heating elements of the machine, as these are prone to wear and must be replaced regularly.
If the machine gets damaged by the freight company during the delivery, the freight company’s insurance will cover the cost of fixing or replacing the machine. We warrant that the machine is fully functional, except for the missing machine-safety required by German machinery law. If within the time of warranty the machine is not operational because of a defect in the machine’s original production, the machine must be fixed or replaced at the expense of 2HEX.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Certificates
2HEX is a German company and must manufacture machinery according to CE and the German machinery law. German machinery law is one of the strictest globally. The 2HEX skateboard heat transfer machine was developed for our production in China and does not meet the requirements set by German machinery law. We must therefore declare the machine as unfinished. The machine is unfinished according to German law until all safety precautions have been added by our customers. If we would manufacture the machines according to German machinery law, it would double the machine price which would not be in the interest of our customers. Each country has a different set of machinery laws and we have only tested the machine for German law. We therefor do not know if the machine meets your country’s machinery law. Including the three additional safety precautions listed above, 2HEX has developed one of the safest skateboard heat transfer machines worldwide. By the best of our knowledge we are currently the global leader in machine safety, which puts us closest to meeting international machinery laws.
Skateboard Heat Transfer Machine Maintenance:
We suggest replacing the upper transfer roller after transfer printing on 6000 skateboard decks.
• Regularly fasten all nuts and bolts of the machine.
• Keep your machine clean. Do not add stickers, paper notes or anything else to the machine body.